We had the absolute privilege of attending the Google Partners AllStars Summit last week in sunny Mountain View California!
Our place was secured on this exclusive event thanks to Space & Time winning Google’s recent ‘Ready To Rock’ competition – which rewarded our hard work and dedication to client growth, best practice and innovation.
We were joined on the 3 day conference by other winning agencies across the globe, and enjoyed networking with them, chewing the fat over agency life.
Key talks, stats and takeaways included:
- Moments Marketing – This focused on the ‘moments that matter’. How marketeers can make sure their advertising is more adaptive and relevant ensuring that they reach an individual user exactly when that user needs an answer/solution –during the moments that matter to them.
- Focus on the User – A key point in the innovative process Google uses. Don’t get caught up in designing, building, and marketing, but retain focus on the user and what their experience with your business and product will be like. Make your user feel awesome, impact their lives or business, they will become long-term fans naturally promoting your product/service.
- Waze – A free social traffic and navigation app (recently acquired by Google) that uses real-time road reports from drivers nearby to improve daily commuting.
- YouTube – The world’s 2nd largest search engine (can you guess the 1st?!). 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month and 100 Million people share, comment or like YouTube videos each week. There is over 100 hours of video uploaded to YouTube every minute!
- Smartphone Usage – We check our smartphones 150 times per day!
- New Logo! – It was also great to be present during the unveiling of the new Google logo.
A real highlight of the 3 day event was a tour of the Googleplex – the corporate headquarters of Google. Equally memorable was the ‘Winners Party’ where we had further opportunity to mingle with the other global winning agencies – by a replica of the Golden Gate Bridge!
It really was an inspirational and motivating 3 days, and a real privilege for Space & Time to be present at such a highly regarded event. We look forward to the opportunity of being there again in 2016!
Mini Golden Gate Bridge at the winning agency party, Googleplex, Mountain View, CA.
Space & Time Associate Director Steve Harrington and PPC Team Manager Chris Davenport-Smith at Googleplex, Mountain View, CA.
The Android Garden, Googleplex, Mountain View, CA.
The Google Store, Googleplex, Mountain View, CA.
Look no hands! Space & Time Associate Director Steve Harrington checks out Google’s self-driving car.
The new Google logo displayed at Googleplex, Mountain View, CA.