Become a Space & Time pioneer in Bournemouth
Junior Purchase Ledger Clerk
Space and Time is one of the UK’s top 20 independent media planning and buying agencies. We build effective, integrated media campaigns for clients across our network of offices in London, Reigate, Manchester, Edinburgh and Bournemouth.
The function of this role is to assist the finance team to ensure that the processing of invoices & payments is completed accurately and on a timely basis.
• Purchase invoice processing
• Credit card processing
• Expense claims processing
• Supplier statement reconciliation
• Preparing payment runs
• Filing and general administration (including answering phones/emails, banking, post, etc)
• Other ad hoc tasks as required
You will also be expected to assist with month end closing to enable the prompt preparation of monthly management accounts.
This role may require you to occasionally work outside of normal contracted hours to meet deadlines and ensure daily processing stays up-to-date (i.e. to ensure there is no backlog).
You will be required to use your initiative and take responsibility to ensure all tasks are completed (and queries are answered) accurately and on a timely basis. There will be times when you will not be supervised but will still be expected to meet the requirements specified above. You must be able to manage priorities effectively to meet deadlines, contribute well as part of a team, with a willingness to learn and develop new skills.
Knowledge, and Skills Required
• Good general understanding of accountancy, including an understanding of debits and credits, and the differences between Balance Sheets and P&Ls
• Experience of performing well under pressure
• Experience of working well on your own and as part of a team and managing your own time
• Pleasant telephone manner and the ability to quickly build professional working relationships
• High levels of accuracy, even when working under pressure and to deadlines
• Experience of working in a purchase ledger role within a high process volume accounts department is preferable
Your performance will be measured by assessing you on the following key areas:
• Speed and ability to meet deadlines
• Use of initiative
• Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
• Ability to answer queries quickly and accurately (when required)
• Ability to carry out the role in a professional manner and maintain a good working relationship within the department and other staff.
• Client focussed
• Good communication skills
• Team working
• Good IT and keyboard skills, including experience of accounting systems and MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
Reporting to the Management Accountant.